Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh, the weekend goes so much too fast

I just checked the 10-day weather forecast to see if I'd be eating lunch outside every day, and boy does this week look weird. They're forecasting high temperatures, Monday through Saturday, thusly:
77, 91, 71, 78, 85, 67
That's just odd. Up, down, up, down.

This weekend was a mix of pleasant and get-it-done. The weather was really nice, which I was grateful for. And driving my car after taking public transit all week was kind of funny. Not having an opportunity to run errands on the way home after work is going to take getting used to, though, and I went out yesterday and made about eight stops. At least it was a nice day for it. And I got the car inspected before the eleventh hour, so cross that off the list. (I didn't get to the laundry, though. It's always something.)

I arranged the damn car insurance (stupid Progressive and their 27% rate hike, I'm going to be bitter toward them for a long time), and sent off the payment for my health insurance through COBRA, and tried to grab Miri to trim her claws only to be foiled by her super-feline grab-resistant strength. She looks like a powder puff, but the power of her desperation is impressive. I'll have to try again, but I'm not up to it tonight. Anyway, I think tranquilizer darts would have a better chance of succeeding.

The pumpkin says Meow.


And so do I. Good-night!

1 comment:

  1. Most laughable claw-trimming advice I ever heard: "Do it while they're sleepy." Hey, if you're feeling that lucky, head to Atlantic City.

    Put me down for the tranq-the-kitty option.

    ReplyDelete