Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Night: the short and tired edition

I realized that part of the reason I am so tired is that I essentially started a new job and an exercise regimen the same week. Genius! I think the extra walking will be good for me in the long run, but in the short run, well, no running for me, my feet hurt.

Anyway, I decided that really, surviving this week called for pizza tonight, whether or not I should spend the money or the calories. Domino's has been advertising the hell out of everything I've watched on TV lately, so I went online and found I could order that way and everything, how 21st century is that? (I can't help it, I have a 20th century brain. I'm continually startled by the things that are possible these days.)

I "built" my pizzas (2 mediums for $5.99 each, deal), and once I placed the order I didn't close that tab, just went to read e-mail. I looked back at it a few minutes later, and look at this:

Can you read that? Apparently Edmund put my order in the oven at 6:01.

Do you think that's for real?

I just looked again, and it says, "Edmund double-checked your order for perfection at 6:08."

Do you think Edmund will deliver the pizza himself? I feel like I ought to thank him in person.

P.S. He didn't, but the woman who brought it was very nice, too. And the pizza was good, and ... pizza-like. Ahhh, Friday night.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. What if Edmund is really a robot or something? Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete